SharpEye™ family completed with X Band solid state radar
- 22 Sep 2008
Kelvin Hughes announces a further first and continues to break new ground in marine radar. Their most recent innovation has produced the world’s first X Band solid state radar for marine and land based applications based on its revolutionary SharpEye™ technology. The unique combination of solid state and pulse doppler technologies delivers ultra-high reliability and low through life cost coupled with detection capability far beyond that offered by any other system.
This development is the latest in a 250 year history of firsts including:
- The world’s first Type Approved solid state radar
- The world’s first solid state radar to be Type Approved to the new and demanding 2008 radar regulations
- The world’s first Type Approved use of widescreen technology on a ships bridge
- The world’s first Type Approved dual PPI (Plan Position Indicator) display
- The world’s first satellite broadcast solution for paper and electronic chart updates
- The world’s first Chart Radar offered complete with the UKHO’s AVCS data as standard
Kelvin Hughes Managing Director Russell Gould explains,
Kelvin Hughes continues to invest heavily in the technology that has effectively re-invented marine radar. This latest product completes the SharpEye™ family and has already created huge interest. Kelvin Hughes has already secured contracts for this new generation of radar technology with four of the world’s most prestigious navies and over fifty commercial shipping companies. The X-Band sensor has been designed for Vessel Traffic Schemes (VTS), coastal surveillance solutions as well as marine navigation applications. Kelvin Hughes has a proud history of firsts and yet again we set the standards for others to follow.