Working at Kelvin Hughes
Kelvin Hughes is a dynamic and diverse business offering many avenues of progression and ways of developing experience. We are a truly global business with offices and operations in nearly every continent and our customers reside in almost every country in the world. We support their maritime missions, voyages, military operations, and surveillance and security needs 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
The Kelvin Hughes Group can provide a rewarding career in an exciting set of industries from military and defence programmes to commercial shipping. Many of our employees have worked at Kelvin Hughes for over 20 years in a range of positions, proving that a long career at Kelvin Hughes is attainable. For a pictorial overview of what it is like to work at and with Kelvin Hughes please visit our Instagram page.
Our employees typically work on exciting projects such as supplying radars for a naval patrol ship to helping to introduce a new range of products. International travel is common in a number of the job positions especially in sales, systems engineering and service teams. A Radar Systems Engineer that had been with the company 25 years quoted:
“I have been with the company a long time and worked on many exciting projects and new products, I have managed to pay my mortgage off and visited 40 different countries”.
In 2014 Kelvin Hughes also launched its Apprentice and Training Academy to support people starting out in their careers and our employees wishing to receive further training, and for those re-entering work.
- Ensure the future of Kelvin Hughes and it's Companies through the development of young people and investment in staff and training
- Provide a platform for people entering work for the first time or re-entering to gain the skills and develop the attributes needed to be successful in their chosen career paths
- Invest in ensuring a professional work ethic is maintained
- Where possible provide opportunities for young people and those re-entering work to transfer their skills to new roles
- To contribute to the local economy through local employment
Kelvin Hughes is an equal opportunities company and committed to the development of its employees and the industry as a whole. In April 2016 Kelvin Hughes signed the Armed Forces Covenant and seeks to support the employment of veterans and their partners and spouses. Kelvin Hughes and its divisions operate in accordance with our Code of Business Ethics and Environmental Policy. More information can be found in the Code of Business Ethics.